How do I access UpToDate through the medical library's institutional subscription?
If you are eligible to access UpToDate through the medical library's limited institutional subscription, follow these steps:
- Go to https://med.fsu.edu/library in your web browser.
- Click on Best Bets in the left menu.
- Scroll down to UpToDate, and click on it.
- You will be prompted to login with your College of Medicine ID/PW. This should be whatever ID/PW you use to login to your COM laptop, in most cases.
If successful, you will arrive at the UpToDate homepage, and are now utilizing the medical library's limited institutional license. There are two more steps you need to complete.
- Click the green Login button near the top right of the UpToDate homepage.
- Login with your UpToDate credentials, or create an UpToDate account if you don't have one already.
You will need to repeat these steps at least once every 90 days to keep your UpToDate account connected to the medical library's institutional license. We recommend you set a calendar reminder for every 90 days, and refer back to these instructions as needed.