What's the current status of Epocrates?
- The Maguire Medical Library continues to provide access to the WEB VERSION of Epocrates by way of the medical library website through the 2023 calendar year.
- At this time, we do not plan on renewing access to Epocrates beyond the 2023 calendar year, largely due to changes at Epocrates and their discontinuation of allowing us to offer the app to the populations we serve.
- Epocrates+ MOBILE APP is available to MEDICAL STUDENTS directly from Epocrates for 2023. As a courtesy, we have included instructions for how medical students can get Epocrates+ on our library’s Mobile Resources page. We will keep those instructions there at least through 2023. Medical students will need their AMA ID, and instructions for how to get that are also on the Mobile Resources page. This is not something the medical library can assist with, as access is provided by Epocrates in conjunction with the AMA.
- All others, including PA students, residents, nursing students, faculty, and staff should use either the free version of Epocrates, or you may contact Epocrates directly and ask for access to Epocrates+ as a member of the FSU community. Again, instructions for how to do this are on the Mobile Resources page.
- We continue to provide access to Epocrates alternatives, including the apps for Medscape, Micromedex, PEPID, Dynamed, and Sanford Guide. We also offer mobile-friendly access to 5-Minute Consult and Natural Medicines (app for Natural Medicines is temporarily not available).
- Reminder, this is what is in the free version of Epocrates vs. Epocrates+…
Was this helpful? 0 0