How can I store usernames and passwords online?
Create a free LastPass account:
- Start at https://lastpass.com/create_account.php
- Fill in your personal email address, create a password, check the box, and click Continue
- Reenter your password and click Confirm: you should see a Congratulations message
- Click the Log In button (top right), and enter your email and password: you should see your LastPass Vault
- Click on Add Site (bottom right): Fill in Name (of the app or website), Username and Password, then Save
- Look for your Site in the (none) folder; for example, AccessMedicine
- Click on the tool icon (Edit) to access your username/password:
- Click on the eye icon (Show Password) to see your password:
The free LastPass account automatically gives you 30 days of premium features, which are not needed to store login information. When the premium features end, you will be switched to the free version, which requires no action on your part.