How can I make my research findings Open Access?
- Comply with the FSU Open Access Policy
- This policy requests that faculty upload copies of their papers to DigiNole, FSU’s Research Repository.
- Publish in Open Access Journals
- Search for reputable open access journals using the Directory of Open Access Journals.
- Some open access journals require authors to pay an article processing charge (APC). FSU has an Open Access Fund to assist with these publication fees.
- The FSU College of Medicine publishes a peer-reviewed open access diabetes journal, The PLAID Journal, which does not charge any fees.
- Work with Professional Societies on OA Initiatives
- Persuade your professional societies to make their own journals open access, or endorse OA for other journals in the field.
- Comply with Federal Public Access Mandates
- Many federal agencies require that articles (and sometimes datasets) produced from grant-funded research be freely shared with the public.
If you have questions about open access or making your work freely available, contact Roxann Mouratidis, Scholarly Communications Librarian.