Q. What's the difference between my FSUID/password and my College of Medicine MEDID/password?
- Your FSUID is used to access off-campus library resources, online course sites (Canvas or Blackboard), and myFSU.
- Example FSUID for faculty, staff, residents, and other COM affiliates: jsmith (NOT jane.smith)
- Example FSUID for students: jas16a
- If you don’t know your FSUID, please see this FAQ.
- Your College of Medicine username (MEDID) is used to access COM-specific sites, such as your Outlook email account, MEDNet (previously called SharePoint) Intranet, Secure Apps, and E*Value.
- Example MEDID for faculty, staff, residents, and other COM affiliates: jane.smith
- Example COM username for students: jas16a
- College of Medicine password information is here.
FSUID for Off-Campus Access
As of September 1, 2016, FSU University Libraries requires the FSUID to log into library resources from off campus.
What does this mean? Off-campus users sign on with their FSUID credentials. Examples of the FSUID are jas16a or jsmith (BUT NOT jane.smith).
What if I have questions? Please review our FSUID FAQs. If you have further questions about the FSUID, you can submit them here: