Q. How can I make my research findings Open Access?

Answered By: Erica Heasley
Last Updated: Nov 09, 2017     Views: 32

  • Publish in Open Access Journals
    • Search for reputable open access journals using the Directory of Open Access Journals.
    • Some open access journals require authors to pay an article processing charge (APC). FSU has an Open Access Fund to assist with these publication fees.
    • The FSU College of Medicine publishes a peer-reviewed open access diabetes journal, The PLAID Journal, which does not charge any fees.
  • Work with Professional Societies on OA Initiatives
    • Persuade your professional societies to make their own journals open access, or endorse OA for other journals in the field.
  • Comply with Federal Public Access Mandates
    • Many federal agencies require that articles (and sometimes datasets) produced from grant-funded research be freely shared with the public.


If you have questions about open access or making your work freely available, contact Roxann Mouratidis, Scholarly Communications Librarian.

Related Topics

    Contact Us

    Staffed Hours: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
    Closed University Holidays

    24-hour swipe card access is available for students.

    How can we help you?

    Your Info
    Fields marked with * are required.