Q. How do I display a second screen with the library's study carrel monitors?
The Maguire Medical Library provides 10" USB monitors, which can be used with a laptop for dual-monitor displays at all study carrels.
I am a medical student at the FSU College of Medicine.
With your laptop on, plug in the USB monitor. The USB monitor will display the same image as on your laptop. If you want to see different images, right-click on your laptop's desktop and choose Display settings > Multiple displays > Extend these displays > Apply
You may need to unplug and plug in the USB monitor and/or restart your laptop upon first use. If problems persist, please go to the Software Center located on your computer and Download/Update your Display Link Graphics Driver software. If that still doesn't work please contact the FSU COM Office of Information Help Desk for troubleshooting assistance.
I am not a medical student at the FSU College of Medicine.
Follow these instructions to extend your laptop's display to a second monitor.
- Go to the DoubleSight Smart USB LCD Monitor website and manually download the driver. You will need to download the driver even if a pop-up indicates the driver has already been downloaded.
- Scroll down to the Downloads section. Download the Windows Driver. Allow several minutes for the file to download.
- Install the driver. You will need to restart your laptop for the driver to properly install.
- Plug the monitor's USB cable into your laptop. If the monitor has two USBs, use the one closest to the monitor.
- Right-click on your desktop and select “Screen Resolution.”
- Configure the settings to match below:
- Display: Mobile PC Display
- Resolution: 1600 x 900 (recommended)
- Orientation: Landscape
- Multiple displays: Extend these displays