Q. How do I re-verify my UpToDate personal/mobile account?
- Your College of Medicine username is used to access COM-specific sites like your COM email, MEDNet Intranet (previously called SharePoint) and E*Value.
- For students, your COM login and FSUID are often the same; for example: jas16a -- but your password may not be the same!
Once you are in UpToDate through the library portal, you should see Welcome, FSU College of Medicine in the top right corner of the screen.* Log in to your personal UpToDate account with the username / password you created when you signed up. You should receive a pop-up message verifying that your remote access has been extended another 90 days.
*If you see your name in the top right corner instead of Welcome, College of Medicine, log out of UpToDate and log in again. And even if you don't see your name but are logged in to UpToDate on another computer or device, you may need to log out there!
- Your UpToDate password includes at least 1 uppercase letter and at least 1 number or special character: . - _ @ # $ * ! ( ) + =
- Not sure if you are logged in to your personal UpToDate account? If you do not see your name on the top right of the screen, then click Login/Register to login.
- Once you have logged in with your personal account, you can check your expiration date by clicking on "My Account." Under "Subscription," you can View Expiration Date.
- Expiration date has updated, but app still says your access has lapsed? Try deleting the app, and downloading it again.