Q. How do I re-verify my UpToDate personal/mobile account?
- Your College of Medicine username is used to access COM-specific sites like your COM email, MEDNet Intranet (previously called SharePoint) and E*Value.
- For students, your COM login and FSUID are often the same; for example: jas16a -- but your password may not be the same!
Once you are in UpToDate you should see Welcome, FSU College of Medicine in the top right corner of the screen.
- If you see your name instead of Welcome, FSU College of Medicine, then you need to Log Out -- and even if you don't see your name but are logged in to UpToDate on another computer or device, you may need to log out there as well!
- Log in with the personal UpToDate username / password you created when you signed up. You should receive a pop-up message verifying that your remote access has been extended another 90 days.
- Your UpToDate password includes at least 1 uppercase letter and at least 1 number or special character: . - _ @ # $ * ! ( ) + =
- Not sure if you are logged in to your personal UpToDate account? If you do not see your name on the top right of the screen, then click Login/Register to login.
- Once you have logged in with your personal account, you can check your expiration date by clicking on "My Account." Under "Subscription," you can View Expiration Date.
- Expiration date has updated, but app still says your access has lapsed? Try deleting the app, and downloading it again.