Q. How do I display a second screen with the library's study carrel monitors?
Answered By: Library Assistant Last Updated: Dec 15, 2016 Views: 203
The Maguire Medical Library provides 10" USB monitors, which can be used with a laptop for dual-monitor displays, at all study carrels.
I am a medical students at the FSU College of Medicine.
You may need to unplug and plug in the USB monitor and/or restart your laptop upon first use. If problems persist, please contact the FSU COM Office of Information Help Desk for troubleshooting assistance.
I am not a medical student at the FSU College of Medicine.
Follow these instructions to extend your laptop's display to a second monitor.
- Go to the DoubleSight Smart USB LCD Monitor website and manually download the driver. You will need to download the driver even if a pop-up indicates the driver has already been downloaded.
- Scroll down to the Downloads section. Download the Windows Driver. Allow several minutes for the file to download.
- Install the driver. You will need to restart your laptop for the driver to properly install.
- Plug the monitor's USB cable into your laptop. If the monitor has two USBs, use the one closest to the monitor.
- Right-click on your desktop and select “Screen Resolution.”
- Configure the settings to match below:
- Display: Mobile PC Display
- Resolution: 1600 x 900 (recommended)
- Orientation: Landscape
- Multiple displays: Extend these displays